BioEYES Standards Alignment
— High School
Common Core State Standards
The Common Core State Standards Initiative is sponsored by the National Governors Association and the Council of Chief State School Officers. The mathematics and English language standards were released in June 2010 with the intent of bringing diverse state curricula into alignment with each other by following standards-based education reform principles. Forty-five states currently are members of the Initiative, with Maryland fully implementing the standards in the 2013-14 school year. [Source]
Writing Standards for Literacy in Science and Technical Subjects, Grades 9-12
CCR Anchor Standard #7
Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects based on focused questions, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.
- Essential Skills and Knowledge*
- Define a problem, formulate questions, and refine a problem and/or question as it relates to a particular scientific or technical issue or event.
- Find, generate, record, and organize information relevant to the needed information in an ethical manner
- Interpret recorded data/information to create new understandings, and knowledge related to the information need in an ethical manner.
- Share findings/conclusions in an appropriate format to support written, oral, and multimedia information products and evaluate the product and the process in an ethical manner.
Essential Skills and Processes are specific to the Maryland Common Core State Curriculum Framework. [Return]